Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Narrows

We're grateful to Tanner's parents who came down to give us a much needed break and watch our kids while we hiked the Narrows in August. It was the perfect time to go and we had a lot of fun. We did the hike in one day (most people camp overnight and split the hike into 2 days) and it definitely took a toll on the old joints. I think by the end I'd sprained both my ankles from walking on rocks in water for 16 miles (12 hours), plus I had 4 open blisters on each foot. Tanner had much better shoes than I did and ended the hike feeling much better than me. We were racing to get out of there before it turned dark, but it ended up being so much fun and so beautiful. Unfortunately I thought I'd be smart and take a disposable waterproof camera, but the crappy pictures don't do the hike justice. We only have 3 that turned out well enough to scan, and they're not even at the really narrow parts. Despite all the scrapes and broken joints, it was fun to get out and do a hike without the kids!



No comments: