Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Disclaimer On No Disclaimer

Everybody has one. A disclaimer. I don't believe the first post on anyone's blog pronounces their excitement to enter the world of blogging. So I'm not even going to tell you that I am the last person that I thought would ever start a blog. I'm not going to tell you that I think it can be a total waste of time and that I have more important things to be doing. I'm not going to tell you that this never would've happened if we hadn't moved away (because my mom has already offered to pay our gas to come back home for the weekend so she can see the baby), and I need a way to stay in touch. And I'm not going to tell you that the only reason I started a blog was because I've had countless friends and family members on my back about it since a few months ago when I first heard the words "blog," "blogger," and "blogging." So here we are: The Smith Family. I hope that I can become a really good blogger someday. Don't expect any cutesy templates, or even pictures for that matter, for quite some time...maybe never. This is really confusing and I think I should've done this when I lived closer to Tori. But Tanner picked a name and I wrote the first post, so I think we're off to a good start. Glad to be here!

16 comments:

Kirstin Patten said...

Hey Girl. I am still mad that you waited for me to move before you came back to the lovely weather of southern Utah.. Or that is the last thing I heard of where you were moving. :) But hey guys what surprise surprise me a computer nerd has one too. dkpatten.blogspot.com Add me or not but check it out.

Kirstin

Joe and Jen said...

It's alright stacy, I caved as well. It gives me something to do when I am bored though and it's a great place to brag about my baby. Keep in touch.
Jenn

sadie said...

I love how you talk about all these mysterious, magical people who "begged" you to start a blog. Nice cover up.

Stacy said...

Uh, there's....people.

Shels said...

Oh Stace, now we can keep tabs on you down there in sunny st george! Well really we'll just be jealous you are there and we are here....

Tris said...

My my my! Who would have thought it would really happen? I am so proud of you little buttercup! You will be wonderful at blogging because I already loved your first post. I miss you guys even though we never hung out. There's something sad about knowing that I couldn't even stop and say hi even if I wanted to. Especially to borrow your boom box or print coupons off the internet. I hope your doing good. Give Alex a love for us. And Tanner too. And you too.

Courtney said...

Yep, you're toast. All those time you made fun of bloggers, now you are one, life is funny like that. :) I am very happy you started a blog so that I can see you guys every day. I miss Alex. So does Lainey. Love you guys!

Amy said...

I was embarrassed at first too when I started one because I said I'd never do it and my first post was just like that. You won't regret it though, it's fun. Where did you move to? I hope things are going great for you guys!

Kami said...

Is this Stacy Allen? If so howdy!! I miss you! I heard you were moving, I hope it goes well for you! Oh, and if this is the Stacy I'm thinking of, I have a La Beau's slideshow on my blog with an amazing picture of you doing Yoga, you probably know the one I'm talking about. Any way, feel free to check it out!

katrina said...

My dream has come true.

Kami said...

Tell Tanner I really like the name of your blog! I'm glad you have one now (besides, once I have the baby I won't have anything better to do than read blogs & watch TV ;-)

Kami said...

by the way, that last comment was from Kami Macey (I noticed there are 2 kami's on here)

Candice said...

Yes! I am so glad you have a blog Stacy! Where are you moving to?

Tori said...

YOU KILL ME! you should be writing this blog to keep us all laughing...because you know you do!

P.S. Tami wants to know when her and I can come down and visit... she says she'll bring her scissors and thought you wouldn't mind her coming as long as she did so.

Whitney said...

STACY! YAY! I think that about sums up my feelings. Did you ever get a copy of Shauna's talk? It was a really good one!!

Harris said...

what? where are you and what are you doing? 'i am so happy you joined the blogging world...but i LOVE pictures and really hope you re-think adding some to your techno savvy blog...you are too funny! hope all is well!