Many people have asked where we moved and why, so I thought I'd give an update since we're bad friends and don't keep in touch like we should.
We moved to St. George a couple weeks ago so Tanner could go to nursing school here. It was kind of a last minute decision that shocked even us, but things have worked out perfectly and we're really happy to be here. Tanner was planning to graduate from Utah State next year and apply to PA (physician assistant) school the following year. One of our good friends talked him into applying to nursing school and going the route of nurse practitioner instead (they're basically the same thing.) That sounded good because we were kind of itching for a change and I was itching to get back to St. George.
Well, he applied before we decided that we weren't going to accept. We thought it was best to just stay in Logan and go to PA school next year. We got the acceptance letter from Dixie in June and just kind of laughed about it. Then we decided to pray about it and weigh our options, and we decided to take the offer at the last minute.
I couldn't decide why this was a better option since he would now have 5 years of school left rather than the already-forever 3, we would only be moving to St. George instead of somewhere exotic like Alabama, and we already had one kid and 14 on the way. Plus I had a good stay-at-home job in Logan that I didn't think I could keep down here.
Anywho, after all was said and done, we decided to take a leap of faith and move! Things have worked out perfectly for us. I was able to keep my job and even get more work, Tanner got a really good job, and we found a place we love without (many) roaches at the last minute. We're so happy to be here and it feels right for us! Yay for 5 more years of school! Alex enjoyed the move too. Yes. I kind of figured out how to put pictures on here. Sad the most recent of the whole family was at Christmas.
And as if the stars weren't already aligned so perfectly, last night we sat down to find a movie to watch on TV when Tannner decided to go to channel 2 to "start at the very beginning." To which I naturally broke out into song "...A very good place to start!" As he was flipping through the channels, I told him that he was lucky that we only had "The Sound of Music" on VHS or I'd pick that to watch. (Since we still live in the Stone Age, we have both a DVD player and a VHS player, so when we want to watch a VHS we have to switch the cords. It's usually more work than it's worth to watch a movie from 1988 with lines running through it.) Just then, as if nothing else could go more perfect for us, "The Sound of Music" was on TBS. It was just magical.
6 comments:
Yeah! Pictures! I couldn't be more proud of my little Stacy poo! You are gettin' the hang of this bloggin' thing! I'm glad you found a wonderful movie to watch! The Sound of Music is one of the best out there! Which reminds me, I need to let Kamree watch it. She would love it!
I watched the sound of music on TBS too! "Climb every mountain..." If you were joking about that sorry I am not and I watched the whole thing...all 4 hours of it on TV...well I am glad you are doing what your supposed too and that little boy of yours is darling, darling dalring...
He's so cute Stacy! Congrats on the big move too :)
That is magical. I am still bitter though. I totally envy you in St. George! You little kid laughing is the cutest thing ever! And I am pretty excited for the 15 kids. Then you could play basketball with some subs and soccer... With all your athletic ability the options are endless! :)ha ha ha
I don't know if you have read my blog, but Maggie is very good at pointing out where our roaches are. You are welcome to come and borrow her any time you need to.
We were thrilled to learn from Sadie that "La Beus Too" and her family had moved to St. George. We will need to get together.
Hey cute little fam!! Your little man is so darling with all that red hair :) I really love this stage of babyhood and hope you are loving it too! I too am feeling the dread of the 5+ years (it keeps climbing cause he changes what he wants to end with) but there is light at the end of the tunnel... somewhere. Have a lot of fun! Breanne
Post a Comment