Thursday, September 11, 2008

THIS is TRUE LOVE

Well, I've done it. I've achieved a completely successful existence on this earth at the ripe old age of 23.75! I can die a happy woman (after my children and grandchildren have grown and my husband is ready to go with me...and I have eaten all the chocolate on the planet.) I have the perfect life, the perfect marriage...yet this has not always been so until a few days after we moved here. I always felt like I was a lucky woman. A great husband--kind, friendly, loving, funny, handsome, sweet, romantic, a good father--but there was always something missing. I could never put my finger on it, but I just never felt like we were complete, like we were one. It was kind of disturbing. What more could I ask for?

Then it happened. We got a home phone line.

Home phone lines for people our age are almost obsolete. I wonder how old the people are that make all those forms you have to fill out everywhere--home phone number and only one line for a cell phone number? That just doesn't work. We need two lines for cell phones, his and hers. I actually thought they were the ones behind the times.

We got a home phone line so I could have a fax machine for work, but it wasn't until I went to fill out that next form at church on Sunday that I realized everything had fallen into place. I could actually fill in the line next to "home phone", and even more amazingly there were two lines for cell phones! I dropped to my knees right then and there.

So even though only one or two people, along with several telemarketers, actually have our home phone number, at least we know it's there. If something is missing in your life, get a home phone line. It could save your marriage.

1 comment:

Steve-O said...

There are many things I have often dreamed of. However, I cannon say that a home phone line is one of them. Eating all the chocolate in the world, definitely; Winning the million dollar grand prize on "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?," at least twice a day; but a home phone? Never. I do dream of one day owning a home...25 years from now...so at least I've got that going for me.

Anywho, your husband wanted to know what our blog address is. Well, just click away and you and that lanky, red-headed husband of yours can have all the Oylerfication your little hearts desire...which I'm sure is next to, if not nothing because let's face it, we're nothing special. Our child, on the other hand, has been known to cause untold amounts of enjoyment for countless people since his birth. So, enjoy away.