Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cockroach Castle

Since moving to St. George I've discovered a new fear. THIS. I HATE THIS.

I don't think THIS bothered me when I lived here before, but then again, I don't think anything bothered me when I lived here before.

We haven't found too many of these inside our house since we moved here, at least until a couple weeks ago that is. Now every night while I'm working, almost without fail, I'll see one of these crawling next to me out of the corner of my eye. My feet are down there! As far as I know they don't cause much harm. (Please notify me immediately if you know differently.) They're just dang weird looking and dang fast. Hopefully they're most likely too fast for Alex to eat. I've worn out my only mason jar! I can't figure out why we didn't have a problem before but now we do. Plus they crawl the same path every time. Any suggestions? I read somewhere that they leave chemical trails in their feces to attract others to their secret place of wonderful things. Sweet! I'm scared to move my couch.

Tonight as I was again thinking of my disgustation (that's a word, right?) of these, I was realizing that Alex does the same thing. Whenever I'm working on the computer, he goes crawling right by me along this same path. I've come to two possible conclusions: Either there's a mystery world that only little things know about next to my computer, or my son and these orphaned roaches just need a little TLC. I have been working a lot lately. Looks like I better go give my children a little attention instead of being a great stay-at-home-mom-blogger. Feel free to come stay at Cockroach Castle anytime you'd like. No one else makes reservations, so crawl by whenever you're in town.

On a cuter note, my brother and sister-in-law FINALLY had their baby on Tuesday (on his daddy's birthday). He's a doll! Link to Shaun and Kym on the right to see pics!

7 comments:

Tori said...

Ahhhhhhhh! What about scorpions?? Are those in Utah?? I think your correct is stating that the cockroaches and alex need a little more TLC...just send them my way for a week! Ok, maybe just alex...he's one now, right? WoW!

p.s. whatsthatyousay, was meant to be said like the cheer...atleast that's how we roll in our house...this is a long comment huh?

sadie said...

What you need is Maggie. She not only eats cockroaches (which eliminates them entirely), but she also follows them around and tells Daisy so she can follow up and kill them. Gross. There's nothing worse than seeing a roach out of the corner of your eye (unless it's a fast-moving spider)

Neil and Ms.T said...

Someday I will tell you about living in New Orleans, the city of roaches. I knew we had a problem when I went into check on Ryan in his crib before I went to bed. Ryan was a sleep, his bottle hanging out of his mouth with drips of milk down his cheek. He looked so sweet, until I looked closer to see something on his cheek YES! MR. Roach was helping himself to the milk supply.
That's all I will say for now. Because I can bring it, with those little buggers..............was that to strong?

Unknown said...

I would seriously freak out. Anyone who knows me knows I am scared of everything... even lady bugs. Are there tarantulas down there too or are you not far south enough??

Candice said...

Eww! Oh Stacy, I'm sorry. There's nothing worse than sharing your home with a pest! They take over and infiltrate! Hopefully you can get them under control. I don't know what I would do if I ever saw one, although with the way my apartment has been lately I won't be surprised if I see some, too!

Shels said...

we had those cockroaches at good ol' raintree-remember? they came out of a little hole in the corner of the living room where the ceiling and walls touched. we put clear tape over the hole to trick the little roaches to come out and then they would get get stuck on the tape. you should try it again and put tape along their path, just make sure you don't trap Alex instead of the cockroaches.

Tris said...

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I'm not a big fan of bugs of any sort! My house is Spidey House. I kill at least two or three spiders daily!
P.S. Your new nephew is darling! Too bad he couldn't have came when you were here.