Sunday, October 26, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is...A Shiner!

Alex kicked me in the eye when I was tickling him the other day...hard! It's been throbbing for four days now. I was sure it was going to turn black, but no such luck. Luck, you say? Exactly.

It reminds me of a time in high school when my friend and I thought it would be cool to get black eyes, so we actually tried. Our psychology teacher (who was psychotic) told us precisely where we needed to be hit and suggested we try a board and a hammer. We tried several times, mustering up more courage to hit harder each time, but to no avail.

We then decided to just punch each other in the face. The first time I got hit I fell to the ground. She stumbled back a few steps when I punched her. We never did get black eyes.

Tanner's been wondering why I run to the bathroom each morning to see if it's turned black. He thinks it's insane and worries people will think he did it, but he just doesn't understand. I don't really think it's that cool now, but this has been a lifelong quest, at least since high school. At least I could say I finally got one.

Well anyway, the pain is starting to go away and the swelling has gone down so I don't think it's going to happen. It's amazing how good it feels to hit your best friend in the face though. From then on we always said that only the best of friends could punch each other in the face. I think there's some truth to that.

9 comments:

Candice said...

I have a suggestion...get hit in the eye with a softball. That seems to do the trick!
Although being kicked in the eye seems pretty painful, you must be one tough chick!

Tori said...

I think I remember one episode of the trying to get black eyes...there was a hammer involved at one point...this was also the same night as the spaghetti incident.

Tori said...

me being chicken...did not participate?? Weren't there pictures involved?

sadie said...

In a strange way, I think I understand. All growing up I was hoping for glasses, braces, and maybe even a headgear. At least a black eye makes you look tough.

Whitney said...

I totally remember that! Infact after you told me you wanted a black eye, I vaguely remember also wanting a black eye. I guess that's what you get when you look up to someone. Or straight across to someone, considering we are the same height. Are you coming up for the day of Thanks? We're trying to figure what what the famdam is doing.

Tris said...

Once again....this story confirms your weirdness! Your weirdness that I enjoy oh so very much! I must be weird too because I tried to jump off my neighbors trampoline all the time in hopes of breaking my leg. It never happened and I haven't ever broken a bone. (Knock on wood.) I did however slip on a patch of ice in the ninth grade and got a HUGE shiner. Ask Tanner if he remembers. It would have made you jealous.

The Maughan's said...

Stacy
Jesse said Tanner called last night.. and the first thing I asked is do they have a blog. It was so fun to see your cute little red head.. and I don't mean Tanner : ) He is adorable. So I hear the old apartment is history for both of us. I am so excited to try and keep in touch.

Neil and Ms.T said...

Neil read your blog last night.....he was silent for a minute.....then he said, "WOW, that cannot be true."
He look at me and said, "Is that true? I just had to shrug my shoulders, and started to laugh, yep I said, "that's my family!"

Neil and Ms.T said...

WHERE IS THE HALLOWEEN PICTURE??? OF ALEX????