So, I missed Grandparent's Day. I knew it was coming up this fall, but I looked it up too late and missed it. I was excited to make the grandparents little gifts from Alex, but that obviously didn't happen. I think Grandparent's Day is way underrated. It's a day we should celebrate as much as Mother's Day and Father's Day, maybe even more. After all, there are some people that don't even like their parents, but who doesn't like their grandparents?I decided to do a little tribute to my only living grandparent, Granna Renee (or LaBeau as some of you may know her.) I feel blessed to have the greatest grandmother alive. I know many of you know her and love her too, but if you don't, you're missing out! She's the best!
Because really, does your grandma give you and her employees "the rock" and tell you to "pound it"? Does your grandma have season tickets to the Jazz games and watch every other NBA game on TV when she isn't at one of those? Does your grandma still work 18-hour days running her own business at the spry age of 76 (shhh)? Does your grandma carry bookcases up the stairs by herself? Does your grandma cut herself with a knife, act as if nothing happened, and then bandage it with Duct tape? Does your grandma go on Rattlesnake Rapids over and over at Lagoon? Is your grandma a master Bingo caller? Does your grandma choose to drive a 2008 Toyota 4-Runner over a Cadillac? Does your grandma say "OH MY WORD OF HONOR!"? Does your grandma own LaBeau's? Does your grandma let you do her hair like this?
So I guess that's that and I win. She's amazing. Aside from all those funny things she does, she has the biggest heart. I think my dad described it best when she told us she picked up a snowboarder that wanted to hitch a ride up to Beaver and asked her if she paid for his lift ticket and offered him a ride back too. She is always doing things for her others, especially her grandkids and now great-grandkids. She has always paid us too much money for working at LaBeau's, and she never spends her money on herself (i.e. she asks for lotion and pajamas for Christmas so she can save up and give us what we want.) She has helped to support us in school, on missions, and when we get married and have children. She is so kind, selfless, and giving, not to mention dang funny! So try to compete, but that's why we love our Granna Renee!
9 comments:
Holy dark hair! How long ago was that pic taken?? Your grand mama sounds so fun!
Would you please let us know who her hairdresser is? I would love to start going to her!!!! That is one "HOT" Grandma!!!
yesssss. I love it!! Especially the does your grandma own LaBeau's and all I could say is I wish...ha ha!! Also I loved the part about going on rattlesnake rapids...I'm 23 and avoid that ride at all costs!!!
Well, that starts my day out in tears!
What a wonderful tribute, I can't even see the keyboard, so I'm just going to say, what a grand-daughter.
T
You forgot my personal favorite: Does your grandma sing Frank Sinatra at the top of her 76 year old lungs? "I did it myyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaay!"
Renee is the best. I can say that because she is my only living grandma, and she's not even my grandma. Good one, Stace.
Oh G-ma! Wonderful wonderful G-ma! I totally know what you mean Stace, because duh, she's my Granna too! You also forgot to add that she sings to the dogs like she used to sing to her grandkids. Good ol' Granny!!
Oh, and that she feeds hot dogs to all the homeless animals around LaBeau's, even though they come back the rest of the summer.
I LOVE RENEE!
And I miss her so. Great post!
I bet that made your Grandma the happiest Granny around! That was really cute and sweet! What a butt kisser you are! Just kidding!
Post a Comment