Thursday, November 6, 2008

None Can Compare...

...to my sweet husband. He is constantly giving me wonderful comments like the one on Halloween after tasting my new chili recipe: "This is so good! It tastes like canned chili!" Right out of a movie or a book!

ADDENDUM: For Tori and lazy chili cookers 'round

2# ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 large bell pepper, minced
3-15 oz cans pinto beans (or kidney or whatever you like)
2-28 oz cans diced tomatoes
4-8 oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup chili powder (or a little less if you don't like as much spice)
1 tea. crushed pepper flakes
1 tea. ground black pepper
1/2 tea. salt
1/4 tea. garlic powder

Cook beef, onion, and pepper in large pot until beef is brown and onion and pepper are tender (about 10 min.). Drain grease. Stir in everything else and simmer for at least 30 min., stirring occasionally. I half the recipe when cooking for 2.5.

And if you did everything right, it'll come out tasting just like canned chili!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a charmer that Tanner is...

Tori said...

Husbands know just the right things to say...

You should post your chilli recipe, I'd like to try it!

sadie said...

mmmmm...canned chili. It must've been good.

Amy said...

Haha funny. And happy belated birthday to your son.

Shels said...

love canned chili...ill give it a try

Kym said...

I'm so glad you guys surprised us!!! It was so good to see you and we can't wait to see you next week!!!

Shelley said...

Hi guys! I just found you! It was fun to see what's been up. LOVE the Halloween costume. See ya soon!

Tris said...

Boooooring!

Lindsey Smith said...

Mmmmm.....Canned Chili. (Said with eyes half closed like Homer) You've got a cute little mut. We're in town for the turkey weekend...eh?

Neil and Ms.T said...

HEY! IT'S TIME TO BLOG. I KNOW YOUT BUSY. ANY PICTURE'S OF THE LITTLE BUSINESS MEN IN HIS CHURCH OUTFIT? IT WAS NEIL'S FAVORITE!
GLAD YOU GOT HOME SAFE!
LOVE YA!

Neil and Ms.T said...

Sorry, I meant "YOUR" busy. Medication......

Neil and Ms.T said...

I think is it man instead men. Sorry again.......

Brent & Dana said...

Brent told me last night that the pasta I made tasted like hamburger helper... I guess we are both pretty good cooks!