Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eat, Sleep, Play Ball!

Ever since Alex was born my dad (the BA) has been waiting for him to get older.
Day 1: Why doesn't he ever open his eyes? He's always sleeping.
Month 2: Can I buy him a Power Wheels Corvette for Christmas?
Month 4: Why isn't he crawling yet?
Month 6: When is that boy going to start walking?

Mostly it's because he thinks it's really fun to buy him all the electronic big kid toys that he couldn't buy us because they weren't invented yet. So this year for Christmas he got him a basketball hoop. The minimum age was 1-1/2 years, but he's close enough, right?

We thought it would sit upstairs until he was about 4, but it turns out Alex LOVES it! Every time he sees his dad he goes to get his ball and raises his arms so he can be lifted up for a shot (yeah, he's still got about a foot to go before he's tall enough on his own.) It's really quite cute, though it can be quite annoying too. That's all he ever wants to do! Good thing Papa BA is coming down next month for a good long weekend of B-ball! Anyway, here's a video for the BA. It might only be interesting to grandparents, and maybe Jeff, Shaun, and Kym, but we think it's pretty cute how excited he gets.



(Dedicated to the BA)

11 comments:

Neil and Ms.T said...

Oh My Gosh, I've let G-ma hear him. Oh golly, thats all Jeff used to do. Basketball Jones! Do you remember when Deb held her hands in a circle, she was the ultimate human b-hoop for Jeff.
I can't wait to show Neil when he gets home. Thank you Alex, Mom and Dad, you made my day. I needed it real bad! I think I will watch it again!
Auntie Tam

Tori said...

Such a cute little guy...maybe he'll grow up to be the next Gary Wilkinson...your dad would love that!

sadie said...

I'm loving that gut and that "YEAH!!!"

Neil and Ms.T said...

Should I be concerned about the myself ? I've watched this video 6 times today. I also watched it with Neil. I'm still recoverying from my surgery, so something that adorable really helps my day. Enduring this cold back here is the worst since 1994. Oh Great! But I am doing better every day.
G-ma loved it!
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. Your Visiting Teaching is done for the month!

Nan said...

What a great video! He is so cute. I think Tanner or you will be spending alot of time by the hoop.

Kym said...

OHHHHHH HOW WE MISS HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's going to be the star of the b-ball team! We LOVE his "YYYAAAAAYYYY!! I think Riley enjoyed watching Alex almost as much as we did! He looks so grown up!! P.S. Your apartment looks really cute too!

Kym said...

He changes every time we see him! And gets cuter and cuter!! Is he running yet? :)

Shels said...

He must get his killer bball skills from his mom...or his mom's sister :)

Tris said...

Oh my goodness! He is the cutest little thing! I could just eat him. It is fun to see him on his own turf because he is always so overwhelmed at the Smiths. I loved his excitement and the little eye blinking thing he did. We sure miss you guys! We love you little All-Star!

Candice said...

Oh my word! Alex is sooo adorable! I agree with Tamara, I could watch this over and over.
About my blog, it was private for a little while (long story) but it's not anymore, so no worries! But if I ever do make it private, I'll keep your address and it'll be the first one I add! :)

Lindsey Smith said...

JUst like his daddy, SO CUTE! Don't you just love little boys, there the best. Miss you guys!