Thursday, April 23, 2009

Smith Talk

Do you ever find yourself saying the same things all the time? I get stuck in these ruts (mostly due to laziness) where I don't ever come up with anything clever to say. It's just so hard to know what to say when somebody asks if you want milk or something like that. I have a few "regulars" packed away, and you can count on me pulling one out pretty much anytime you say anything to me, whether it makes sense or not. Well, this is how the conversation has been around our house for the past 4 or 5 months...literally. I don't think Tanner and I talk to each other for longer than 3 minutes before one of these classic lines come out. Here are just a few of our favs:

(All said in a southern accent)

"I love ya more than my luggage."
"What is this in my Frigidaire?"
"I'd rather eat dirt!"
"Don't talk about me like I'm not here!"
"Have your roots done."
"If it had hair it'd be a St. Bernard."
"He wants you to open...open your eyes."
"I know now that I was suffering from premenstrual syndrome."

If you're a cool person at all, you'll recognize these as lines from the one and only classic "Steel Magnolias." And if you think I'm the one that usually spouts these out, you're wrong! Most of them come from the mouth of the #1 "Steel Magnolias" fan, my husband. So really, if you find yourself running out of absolutely hilarious things to say, just use a line from Steel Magnolias and you're sure to be declared a good conversationalist...like us. It's the way lazy people live.

A TRIBUTE TO THE GREATEST
Sir Robert Harling
(writer of Steel Magnolias)

7 comments:

Neil and Ms.T said...

Time to go for a good long lazy walk! Be sure to take water and some chocolate. Oh, oh and don't forget a blanket and a pillow in case you feel like taking a little stop along the way to take a nap underneath a tree.

sadie said...

Love it. It's been too long since I've seen that movie, but I know it is one of Christian's favorites. I'll need to watch it again.

Also, I have to thank you and Tanner for one of my standards, "Don't you act like you don't know." I say that all the time. Christian still doesn't get it. Do you remember that story?

TJ said...

What's the matta Weezuh? You got a reindeer stuck up your butt?

Don't y'all act like you don't know!

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

I LOVE that show!! Greg won't even watch it. He has not even seen it once! I have to watch it when he isn't anywhere near! Tanner, tell him how good it is!

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

Ok, now I need to watch it! But Greg won't let me because he says it's an old lady show!

The Fullmer Family said...

"He don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt."

"Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!"

Just wanted to throw in some totally awesome quotes, from a totally stellar movie!

Tris said...

"Pink is my signature color.
Your colors are blush and bashful.
Your colors are pink and pink."

I LOOOOOOVE that show! I wish I had that show around here so I could watch it. It's been years.