Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dear Mothers of Multiples,

I'm still learning, but I just have a few questions.....

*When do you shower? And what do you do with your kids?
*If you're home alone and there's a fire or a robber and you can only take one, which do you take?
*What do you do when he's sick and crying all night? How do you keep her asleep?
*What if you're nursing her and he wakes up from a nap? Do you leave him crying or stop her lunch and make her cry?
*What if it's time for both of them to eat? Who do you feed first?
*What if they both want to be held but they won't let you sit? (and they're both fairly heavy)
*How do you make him still feel involved and loved when you tell him he can't smash her when he's trying to love her?
*When do you clean your house?
*How do you stop him from wearing her bracelets and clothes so he doesn't turn into one of those people on Montel?
*Can you give him time-out for "loving" her too much?
*Is there a secret place that gives out free diapers?
*How in the world do you go shopping...or anywhere?
*How can you have so much love for such little people?
*When's ME time?

BUT I LOVE 'EM!


Also, how do you get your toddler to stop saying the "F" word repeatedly when he doesn't know what he's saying?

No, he didn't learn it from us and he's most likely never heard it before. He just likes to make words up.

9 comments:

Shels said...

ha! your so funny! I am sure there are qualified mothers out there that can give you quality advice-well at least I hope so cause I dont have any. You just figure out all the hard stuff, then you can teach me when its my turn. That's what sisters are for, right?

Joe and Jen said...

I know it sounds crazy but I have the same questions and I only have one kid! I can't imagine two! Haiden is stinking cute but man she is a handful. I am so sad that we missed you guys when you were here. We need to make a trip down south sometime soon.

Kami said...

Oh Stace! In all seriousness how the heck do you work through that stuff?! Sheesh.

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

I completely agree. Having two is so difficult when they are close in age. I don't have a good answer to any of them but I do know that somehow we get through each day. I keep telling myself to enjoy it but it is very hard.

Harris said...

Maybe I'll just stick with the one for a long while! It was fun to see the pics of your little tiks together!

sadie said...

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy, I am working on answering your questions. I'm on about page six. I'll send it over when I'm done.

By the way, I have one kid and he is currently playing with pliers and a battery. Yes, I'm an expert parenting.

The Schaaf Family said...

We're going throught the exact same thing! At least both of the oldest children love their siblings!!! Just hang in there! Do these situations ever make you wonder how our mom's did it? I feel like I'm going crazy, I just hope to get back into the swing of things soon! Wishing you all the best! Love Manda

Lindsey Smith said...

Only thing i can say is that it's ok if they cry, i hear so much crying in one day that i'm ALMOST over it. Your so cute and you will figure it but it's SO HARD. Good luck fellow mother of more than one, it's a whole new world isn't it:)

Candice said...

HAHAHA Stacy you crack me up! I'm sure it seems so hard sometimes, but you're so lucky to have two adorable little kiddos. :)