Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Greatest Invention Ever

Behold...the amazing new dishwasher!


I come from a home that could be called "The Lazy of Lazies." My brothers are probably the laziest I've seen. (No offense, guys. You know it's true.) If the remote is nowhere in sight, they'll throw things at the TV or the light switches to try to turn them on and off.

Well, one day a few months ago while we were home, my sweet little brother, Scott, was rinsing off his dishes in the sink and said, "You know what would be way cool?..." (now moving his dishes to the dishwasher) "...if there was something that automatically washed your dishes for you." Tanner and I were dumbfounded. Then Tanner said, "Like a dishwasher?"

Looks like they already invented it, Buddy...in 1886.

6 comments:

Brent & Dana said...

That is so funny! I miss you and your family! I was telling Brent the same thing about not buying to many girl clothes but we will see how good I am at sticking to it! Austin turned 16 the other day and I was telling him stories about our good old days! It made me think that me and you need to have a little reunion! We could both just start driving and meet in the middle?!?!?!

Unknown said...

Scott hasn't always been the brightest...

Kym said...

Too funny! Good ol' Scottie!! But I do agree that it is the best invention ever! And I am working on some recipes. They'll be coming your way soon!

sadie said...

Until they invent a dishwasher that carries your plate to the sink, washes it, dries it, puts it away, and then gives you a back massage, then I agree with Scott.

Shels said...

I havent had one for the longest time, I've forgotten they've existed.

katrina said...

Oh, Scott Allen. Good story!

PS Your Christmas card is still on our fridge. It's the only one I left up. I like to show it off.