Thursday, April 22, 2010

We Need a Diagnosis

Ya know when kids start doing things that don't seem like such a big deal at first? Heck, maybe it's even a little cute. And it keeps them entertained for hours on end so you decide to let them go at it so you can get some stuff done?

Well, Alex recently started picking off every sticker he spots. One day he sat there with his car and picked off stickers for nearly an hour. It was amazing! He didn't bother me once for snacks or with questions or anything. It kept happening every once in a while, but now it's pretty much all he does. I'm pretty sure it's classified as a full-fledged disease by now. It's horrible. He used to replace the little pieces back on whatever he got them from (like in the picture of his car below), but now he puts them all over the walls, the tile, the cupboards, Ella, himself, anything! I've even found pieces stuck to the butt of my pants in public. Lately I've been telling him to stop or I'll take whatever he's picking at away, so he'll tell me to "go potty" or "go work" so he can continue on while I'm in the other room. It's really becoming quite annoying, not to mention near deadly. Ella has been choking on the little pieces pretty much hourly. What can I do? And what's the prognosis?



I went in to check on him during his nap the other day and found him like this. He's addicted.

8 comments:

Kym said...

Maybe he has O.C.D. Sounds like he needs to come visit his favorite Aunty! :)

And I love that little Ella!! I just can't get enough of her!

sadie said...

Good posting, Stace.

Sounds like Alex is OCD like his mom. Maybe you both need counseling? Don't worry. You're in good company. cj and christian will join you.

nan said...

I don't know what to tell you other than it is hilarious? You kids are so adorable. I had a great time visiting and I miss your kids! Thanks for letting us visit.

Shaun said...

When I was little I was OCD with my stickers, but I didn't want to use them. Maybe I could send some to Alex I bought tons in Peru. Thanks for the diagnosis you gave me. I am a little better. ;)

EMILY said...

I love that boy! Lol.

katrina said...

that picture of Alex sleeping with stickers on his face is hillarious. it totally had me laughing!

Tris said...

I'm sorry but I'm laughing my head off! He is so stinkin' cute! Hey, things could be worse. Myles punched Kamree in the gut this morning for no reason and picks his boogers and eats them. When I tell him to stop he says, "I love boogers!" Yummy!

Shels said...

So funny-love the pict of him sleeping with all the stickers. :)