We've had some grand end-of-summer events that I wanted to brag about a little bit.
First off, went to Lion King in SLC a few weeks ago. Stinkin' A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! If you get a chance to go, go.
The past few days we've been in Bryce Canyon with some of our friends. The pictures and sights are breathtaking! For the third camping trip this summer, the kids did GREAT sleeping, even though it was butt cold! They didn't wake up screaming once! And I didn't turn on my un-turn-off-able car alarm once in the middle of the night either. Tons of fun and tons of food!!
It was fun that Ella could wander around with Alex this time and eat lots of yummy dirt-covered nature.
On our way home we decided to go the long way and do a hike in Colorado City (polyg-town). The whole drive was so pretty. We even went through infamous Orderville where they sold "Ho-Made Pies." Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the ho on the billboard who made the pies. And they had a delightful little store there that sold "Sporting Goods and Chain Saws."
It's drives like those and hikes like the one we went on in Colorado City that make me wonder why people aren't flocking to move to Utah (even though Colorado City is technically in AZ). So pretty! Our friends, Cory and Shay, showed us this hike in Colorado City. It doesn't even have a name or cost money, but it reminds me of Zion, the Subway especially. These pictures make me realize how little it looks like I had to carry the kids on the hikes. I made the neighbors do it. I had to carry the camera instead. My achin' fingers!
(Alex always had to have a walking stick!)
I'm glad SG still has a month or so of summer cause I'm not ready for it to be over!
9 comments:
So pretty!
Hey you better not let your food blog go extinct! I almost had Brent convinced that I was finally mastering this whole cooking thing and then you stopped posting!!!
All I can say is....JEALOUS!!!!!!! That freakin looks AWESOME!!!! We need to come down so you can take us hiking. :)
Seeing your pics makes me miss you guys. I can't believe that your kids didn't wake up camping, WOW!!! If you guys ever drive past Lehi call us and we will come meet you for lunch or something:)
Love your kiddos...especially that Ella, Alex is a cutie too they have gotten to be so grown up! Looks like you guys are keeping warm and doing fun things....jealous!
Such a cute family!
Wait. How come you have friends?
love the picture of the kids eating the dirt. that truly is the best part of camping. that place totally looks like subway. brings back some good memories:)
You crack me up! My aching fingers, haha!! Love it. It looks like you had such a great time and your little family is so adorable. :)
Post a Comment