Alex:
* Whenever we're watching any kind of game on TV, he calls it "the Aggie game" and he likes to get into them like Tanner does. One day we were watching a basketball game and he started yelling all these crazy things at the TV, including "they didn't kill a foul!", "did they take a touchdown?", and "they have a baseball club." Looks like he's not going to be much of an athlete, but he does have quite the temper!
* Alex has been getting so smart. He loves to sit and write his letters and can write everyone's name in our family without help. He's been asking lots of difficult questions that I can't answer lately too, like "where does the sun go when it's nighttime?" and "how does a caterpillar turn into a butterfly?"
* And an update on the playing outside situation. That came to a screeching halt a few days after my last post when I thought butthead was the worst word in the world. The same 4-year-old was yelling the F word the next time we went out to play. So, yeah, we're done with that. Whoever said TV and no fresh air wasn't good for kids??
This is on a hike we took recently when Tanner's parents came to visit.
This was the first and last day I ever let Alex dress himself.
Ella:
* She calls the oven and the microwave muffin. "Are you going to put that in the muffin, mom?" I don't correct her cause I think it's cute, and sometimes say it myself just so she'll continue thinking that's what it's called.
* If I put my hair in a ponytail she gets really mad and tells me to put it back down.
* We went to Vegas to the WAC tournament a couple weeks ago with my brothers, dad, and cousin. Ella stayed awake the whole (really late) game and was way overtired and on one by the time we got back to the hotel. The Aggies lost, it was late, and we were in Vegas, and my cousin jokingly said, "Let's go to the bar!" Ella repeated that phrase for the rest of the night. She seemed to fit in fine in Vegas, which is a little worrying!
* She'll say, "I love you." We'll say, "I love you more." She'll say, "I love you almost." (like on Tangled, except just almost!)
The other day I was cleaning out the bathroom and she got all of her bows and did her hair.
She started taking dance in January and LOVES it! She likes to say she dances "like a pretty princess" though she's not the most graceful or fit and trim girl in the bunch! Definitely the cutest, though.
1 comment:
She is so cute! Haven't been blogging. I need to take a peek more often!
HUGS! T
Post a Comment