Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6 Weeks Old!

Where oh where does the time go?? Since Daxon hasn't gotten as chunky as Alex and Ella did so early, I still thought he looked about the same as when we brought him home from the hospital. I couldn't quite explain why his clothes suddenly weren't fitting him anymore. But I just went and saw my friend's baby that is only 2 weeks younger than Dax and he is tiny. Time is going by way too fast! After watching Alex and Ella run and run and run constantly for 14 hours straight every day, I just want this little boy to stay small and sweet forever, minus the getting up at night and the loud gas at church, etc. Since our families haven't seen updates for a while, here's what our little guy looks like now: He started smiling at a month and a day old, just like that. The thing that really gets him going is patty cake. I'll have to put a video on for the grandparents. I don't know what it is about that song, but he must think he's going to be getting some second-hand cake soon, and he's probably right. Here's Alex making him smile, though it looks a bit more like gas by the time my camera finally snaps the picture. Even though Alex is constantly trying to maul the poor kid, he seems to smile most at him. Here's Daddy making him smile. He probably smiles at Dad second-most. Ella is quite the little mother hen. I was quite worried she would be a little too motherly by suffocating him all the time with too many blankets and hugs, but she's done really well. She loves to hold him and tell him what to do, like, "Yeah, put your hand like that", after he's already put his hand like that. She just likes to feel like she's telling him what to do. Sound familiar, Jason, Shaun, Jeff, and Scott?? Here's the whole gang, though Daxon was only about 2 weeks old when this was taken. Gee, it's hard to get a good picture of all of them smiling, hair combed, fingers out of their nose. This will have to do. Looks like Dax is already starting to copy his older brother. We love this kid! He already raises his hand to ask to go to the bathroom. So considerate! (I have no clue why the pictures and words didn't line up like I had them, but just go with it.)

5 comments:

sadie said...

Love it! Wish I blogged more but my kids aren't as funny as yours are.

EMILY said...

He has changed SO much! I can't wait to see him in person, but at the rate I'm going it won't be til he's 2! So sad! This is the part about livin far apart that I hate. But maybe it's the part that you love! Right? In-laws far away? Not always bad. I know what you're thinking. :) Love those cute kids.

Courtney said...

thank you! he is so handsome. still a tanner jr. I can't believe i'ts been six week already! And I loved the preschool graduation story.....your kids are so funny.

Lindsey said...

He is so adorable!!! Congrats! He looks like Tanner to me:)

Tris said...

He is so cute! Looks just like his daddio! I guess that means Tanner is kinda cute too?