
Alex graduated from his first year of Preschool a couple weeks ago. I was a little worried putting him in this year because before that he didn't like to go to his church classes or anywhere without us. He ended up doing great and really loving his teacher, Ms. Dianne, and his friends there--especially his girlfriend Maddi. His teacher always told me how sweet he was and how much she loved him, so I just assumed he was shy there. He's definitely not shy at home, but he is at stores and with strangers, where Ella is just the opposite. On the last day of school she told me she was going to miss Alex and how fun he was. I asked her if he was shy and she said DEFINITELY NOT! I guess I wrongfully assumed he was this sweet little quiet boy all the time, but it sounds like not. Tanner had to work during the graduation program, so I went with 2-week old Dax, Ella, and Alex. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures and run the camcorder at the same time, so I ended up filming it while bouncing the tired baby (yeah, probably shoulda gone with the still pictures). The filming doesn't disappoint, though, because Alex was a total spaz the whole time. I was actually a little worried about his mental state during the whole program. He stood there and made crazy faces and did weirdo things with his hands and poked and prodded the kids next to him the whole time--it was very entertaining and hilarious! And Ella just sat there the whole time and yelled, "you're funny, Alex, do that again!" For their program, they sang songs they'd learned, did their names in sign language (they learned the alphabet and a few other words this year), and got awards. Alex's award was for being the best smiler. He sure is that! He sure loved preschool and is sad to be out for the summer. We're so proud of him!
1 comment:
What kind of mother are you? You couldn't bounce the baby, take pictures, and video tape? You're weird. :) My favorite part is that Ella egs him on. Gotta love that they have each other to play off of. Wait til Dax is in the mix! Then you're in trouble. Love ya!
Post a Comment