Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Alex (3 years):

I've been making a list of things to add to Ella's journal for a long time so she has more, but Alex is by no means lacking in the funny things he says--they'll just have to be added as I remember them.

* This is Alex's Christmas list: dog, car, train, boat, motorcycle, mashed potatoes, Santa, the moon, and the usual boy stuff.
* He calls Ella "sweetheart" in the cutest little voice.
* He currently calls all of his grandparents by their first names.
* He has a little laptop with numbers and letters games on it. One of the games he loves is one that shows you the lower case letter and you find the upper case letter. He's mastered this.
* I can already tell he's going to be a musical genius. He is so into music and sits at our Clavinova piano for hours each day playing the demos and making up his own songs. Most of the demos are fun, upbeat songs that kids would normally like but, weirdly, his favorite demo is organ music, which he pretends to play with his eyes closed and moving his whole body like only true pianists do!
* When he wears his Toy Story PJs, he constantly runs around yelling "To infinity and beyond!"
* He asks to have "Heavenly Father meeting" every day (aka--family home evening). He always gets up and leads the music with one of his books, and his prayers always go like this, "Heavenly Father, we're grateful for this day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Ameeeen." Amen is always said so sweet that we just have to accept it. Note: He's a great one to ask to pray when we're starving!
* Sometimes he remembers that if he tries to pray while he's growling it makes me and Tanner laugh our heads off.
* He has this funny little accent when he talks, so I always love when he tries to teach Ella new words. One day I heard him say, "Ella, can you say Wookie Chiorms? Wookie....Chiorms. Wookie Chiorms." Ella, of course, repeats this perfectly. He means Lucky Charms.

4 comments:

EMILY said...

I just love that little man. Both he and Bella are so sweet. I so wish you lived closer. I would love to hang out with you often and let the kiddos play, or even just tend for you. I really do love you guys. So glad you came for Thanksgiving. Give the kids a hug and kiss from me.

Kate said...

OH MY GOSH! this is seriously so adorable! i just read this whole entry to my friend and laughed the entire time. you have two little cuties :)

Kym said...

I'm pretty sure my gut hurts so bad from laughing right now!

Tris said...

Loooove that he has mashed potatoes on his Christmas list. He takes after his dad. And I would looooove to hear him pray while growling!